Recovery Trek Enrollment Announcement
Our goal is to have all participants sign up with Recovery Trek no later than September 23, 2016 and start screening on October 2, 2016 by telling the collection site you are there for a PA PROGRAMS collection. The collection sites will have the Chain of Custody forms.
The PHMP policy has always been that you cannot check to see if you are selected until 1 AM to assure that the correct date is being stated. The First lab log in permitted you to access their system at midnight. This was not our intent. Many clients would call in when their watch said 12:05 am and First lab had not changed the message for the correct day. The participant did not listen to the date that was recorded and only heard you are not selected and missed a screen. This is a PHMP violation and is not accepted as an excuse. That is why you can only access the Recovery Trek system from 1AM until 10pm each day.
We have notified Recovery Trek to make the app available to any participants who request this when they enroll with Recovery Trek. Please call Danielle at Recovery Trek if you are interested, to get the app now. Danielle Murray 757-943-9800 x 6.
What are the requirements for application for or renewal of a Pharmacy license in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy Requirements
- 30 hours of continuing education must be completed by by September 30 of even numbered year.
- 2 hours must be completed in the ACPE topic designator “Patient Safety.”
- For pharmacists with the authorization to administer injectable medications, biologicals and immunizations 2 hours shall concern the administration of injectable medications, biologicals and immunizations, including disease epidemiology, vaccine characteristics, injection technique, emergency response to adverse events and related topics. Home study must be approved by ACPE.
- 2 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of LICENSE RENEWAL at least one month before you submit your license renewal. Act 31
- 3 hours of DPW-approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of licensure for all new APPLICANTS. Act 31
- This course is approved for 3 continuing education credits and has been approved by the PA Department of Human Services and Department of State to meet mandated reporting (Act 31) license requirements. All other licensing-related questions should be referred to your respective Board(s).
ACPE-approved courses pharmacists (only) end in the letter “P”.
ACPE-approved courses for Pharmacy Technicians end in the letter “T”. Courses ending in the letter “P” cannot be used to meet pharmacy technician CE requirements.
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2015, all persons applying for issuance of an initial license shall be required to complete 3 hours of DPW-approved training in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of licensure.
Additionally, EFFECTIVE WITH THE FIRST LICENSE RENEWAL AFTER JANUARY 1, 2015, all health-related licensees and funeral directors applying for the renewal of a license issued by the Board shall be required to complete at least 2 hours of Board-approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements as a condition of renewal.
FREE ACT 31 COURSE: www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
- If you have received an e-mail discrepancy letter indicating the Board has not received the verification of completion of the Mandatory Act 31 Child Abuse Continuing Education Course, but you had completed the course, you should receive another notification within 7 to 10 days indicating your training record has been updated.The Department of State is currently processing a large amount of training record data and updating Licensure records accordingly. You may also monitor the status of your license on-line at www.licensepa.state.pa.us.
For more information visit the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy
|Course Title||Course ID||Contact Hr||Media|
|Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting in PA||0513-0000-15-177-H03-P||2.00|
|Safe Labeling Helps Prevent OR Errors||0513-0000-13-138-H05-P||1.00|
|Vaccination for Pneumococcus, Shingles and Influenza||0513-0000-13-124-H01-P||3.00|